יום ראשון, 9 במרץ 2008

My Latest Trick

Hi all,

It's such great fun to look at my Visit Counter and see it's around 55 (thus far). With the next to no publishing I do for the blog, there seem to be some visitors anyway. I would especially like to thank Yoni and Billy for visiting regularly and telling me what they think. Right Oh!

Anyway, I have an important update (!!). Some of you may have come across me at messenger and have tried to send me messages, to no avail. I knew that I was seen as logged in a lot while I wasn't actually in, but I couldn't figure out the problem. Well, I've been at my uncle's yesterday (he has a new baby - cheers!) and I discovered I must've logged in to messenger to check my messages a few months back when I visited him and did not log out before I closed the program. To make a long story short, it seemed that every time he logged in to the net, the messenger would log in as Me and he'd get my messages.
Well, problem solved! (I was actually so pissed off at that I deleted messenger from his PC altogether). From now on, every time you see me logged in to messenger, I am logged in!

Yehe!
______________________________
And to other news...

I was at class today (the last one this semester! Yeah!) and I was distracted, so I wrote a song. I think this is the platform to share it with you. Tell me what you think (do so in the replies too, not just personally - I'd like others to see what you think).

The Road to Acceptance \ Omer Hertz

It is in the seeing that we learn.
No harm is too severe for truth.
In the sense that we are growing,
There's a foundation of our rights,
That we are people and are equal,
On the earth and in the sky.

It is the hate that drives us to atrocity.
To block yourself from wisdom in violence.
If the time came for us to rise,
To stand for right and wrong,
We need to choose our sides,
Knowing that the roads ahead are equally long.

In time we will understand ourselves.
In time the others will pose no mystery.
But while we're being stung,
And flinching, we retaliate,
How can affirmation come to be,
How will clean hands cleanse the degenerate.

It is in the seeing that we learn.
No path's too long, no hill too high.
Find comfort in the others,
And acceptance in the stars.
___________________________
This song I wrote in a slightly different, experimental fashion, using two forms of writing, namely, statements (ending in periods) and continuations (ending in commas or a period for the last line in the stanza).
I also changed the tone and length of the last line to offer a sense of closure.
I haven't actually come up with music for the song, but anyone who wishes to compose something for it (or any of my others songs in the previous or future posts) is welcome. Just don't forget to send me a recording.

In the words of Bugs Bunny, "That's all for now, folks!"
See you later.

2 תגובות:

אנונימי אמר/ה...

I love this blog! Keep up the work Omer, im a big fan!

אנונימי אמר/ה...

Thanks!